Simulink provides built-in support for prototyping, testing, and running models on low-cost target hardware, such as Arduino, LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT, and Raspberry Pi. You can design algorithms in Simulink for control systems, robotics, audio processing, and computer vision applications and see them perform with hardware. This hardware support is also available in MATLAB and Simulink Student Version.
Simulink built-in support for hardware includes:
- Automated installation and configuration
- Target hardware device libraries of Simulink blocks that connect to I/O ports, sensors, and actuators
- Streamlined workflows for designing, building, and executing algorithms on supported target hardware
- Direct communication between Simulink and the target hardware
- Interactive parameter tuning and signal monitoring of your application as it runs
- Model deployment for autonomous execution